The college has a well-furnished library, equipped with SOUL software and a separate book-bank for poor students so they may issue books for the whole year. The book bank contains more than a thousand books while the library owns around 2000 books in total. It also subscribes to various magazines and journals. At present, books worth Rs. 5 lakhs are being punched to further equip the library and its book-bank.
1. General Section Books: 1700
2. Text Books: 1800
1. India Today
4. Down to earth
6. Pratiyogita Darpan
7. Economic and Political weekly
Membership of the college Library is open to all the Bonafide UG students as well as teaching and non – teaching staff of the college.
Library and Reading Room
The library and the reading room facility is accessible between 10.00 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Saturday (working days). Each student is offered library membership at the time of admission. He/she remains a member till he/she is on college rolls.
Book Loan Facilities
• For loan purpose the books are organized into two sections, general and reference.
• Each undergraduate course student is entitled to borrow four books at a time.
• The library membership will be valid till the student is on college rolls.
• Periodicals, directories, encyclopedias, which might be difficult to replace and other such works as may be declared reference books by the Librarian shall not be lent out.
• Members are not allowed to sub lend the books of the library.
• Students who return books later than due date will be liable to pay a fine as prescribed by department of Higher Education Himachal Pradesh from time to time.
Library Timings for Issue and Return of Books
• Books from General Section are issued and returned from 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
• Books from Reference Section are issued for consultation in the library against ID card from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Students may get one book issued from reference section for overnight study only.
The library provides following services to its members: -
1. Reference Service: Library staff provides reference service in locating books and other information resources to its users.
2. OPAC : Online Public Access Catalogue facility is provided to the members through library software for locating the books on the shelves.
3. Other Services : Circulation services for issue and return of the books, Book Bank Facility (SAF) for needy students who can borrow books from the library for full semester or one year at no additional cost, Question Bank And Syllabus Bank Facility.
Rules and Regulations
• ID cards are issued from the Library. Complete all the entries in the library record register as soon as you take admission in the college.
• Always carry your ID card along with library ticket to get the books issued.
• Members are responsible for the books issued against their ticket.
• Loss of ID card and ticket must be immediately reported to the library.
• Check the condition of the books before getting it issued from the circulation counter and same should be reported to the staff if found damaged while reading or borrowing.
• Students are required to take clearance from the library before the final examination.
• Readers should put their mobile phone on silence mode while using the library.
• Give due respect to the Library staff and co-operate them during rush hours by showing patience.
-- Mr. Ajit Kumar Assistant Librarian email@example.com
Note: If you are looking for free material on UGC NET / JRF/ SET / KVS / NVS and other competitive examinations feel free to consult our following websites-